Aventus December Update
January 06, 2023
We left 2022 with a bang at Aventus, with significant milestones reached across the board!
As well as completing our Polkadot migration and running a governance proposal key to our future roadmap, we saw some great press coverage and even managed to find some time to celebrate the past year together. Find more details below.
- Since we won our parachain slot in September, our tech team has been working to prepare the Aventus Network for the state migration to the Aventus Parachain. After months of hard work, we’re excited to announce that we are now a fully functional parachain on Polkadot, fulfilling our long-running goal to join the Polkadot community.
- We recently ran a governance proposal to determine whether to split the current AVT tokens in circulation in order to increase total supply, and the degree to which they are split. Splitting the AVT tokens will further our ultimate objective of decentralising governance of the Aventus Network by democratising access to the AVT token, and therefore the Aventus Network. Voting closed on 30 December 2022. The proposal received approximately 1.3M votes in total, passing the 1M quorum, meaning the AVT tokens in circulation will be split. 99% of the votes were in favour of splitting the tokens by x50. You can find more information here.
Events & Press
- Why the FTX collapse has nothing to do with blockchain
- Verdict: Has Zuckerberg’s metaverse vision already failed?
- Express: Cryptocurrency to shift focus after massive $3.6 billion withdrawal from major exchange
- UK Tech News: UK crypto industry predictions for 2023
- To celebrate a successful year and the holiday season, the entire Aventus team got together in London for a company meet-up. After a full in-person work day where Aventus founder & CEO Alan Vey shared exciting updates about our strategic direction, we enjoyed early holiday festivities (followed by a couple of sore heads the following morning!)