Aventus Bi-Weekly Update (April 20 – May 3)
May 03, 2022
In this edition of the Aventus Bi-Weekly Update you’ll find information about staking on the AvN, a blog about Aventus’ Summary Pallet and a new Meet the Team video.
You’ll also find:
- AvN Account Creation and Staking Withdrawal Instructions
- New Blogs: Gate.io and Aventus Telegram AMA Transcripts
- Introducing Two New Aventus Hires
- Join the Aventus Subreddit today!
- Aventus Hiring News
Staking On The Aventus Network
After the successful conclusion of the first Aventus staking program, we are now focused on the launch of the improved staking model, whereby anyone can stake as much AVT as they would like and receive rewards for doing so. This aligns with our move to a Nominated Proof of Stake model following the Polkadot launch roadmap.
Want to find out how you can stake your AVT?
Read this simple guide that we’ve prepared for you.
An Introduction To The Aventus Network Summary Pallet
In our latest technical blog, we introduce you to the Aventus Network Summary Pallet. Find out what Summaries are, how Summary Pallet is used on the Aventus Network and what the benefits are of using Summary Pallet over other alternatives.
Check out the blog here.
Meet the Team with Social Media Manager – Timothy Brindle
Check out our latest ”Meet the Team” video with Aventus Social Media Manager, Timothy Brindle.
As always you’ll get to know all about Tim, and not only how he discovered his interest in blockchain and social media, but also his responsibilities at Aventus, and what he enjoys doing outside of work.
AvN Account Creation and Staking Withdrawal Instructions
For stakers whose preferred withdrawal method was via the AvN, we have provided you with the instructions below on how to create your Aventus account and withdraw your AVT to the Aventus Network, along with a short demo video to walk you through the process.
- Generate a new Polkadot account
- Sign its address with your Ethereum wallet
- Email Aventus the details
- View your balance on the AvN
1. Generate a Polkadot (AvN compatible) account
Install the polkadot browser extension and pin it to your search bar.
Click on the extension and carefully follow the instructions to create a new account.
Ensure you write down your 12-word mnemonic and store it away safely. This information is vital but it will not be shown again and cannot be retrieved later.
Copy the address of your new account (address will always begin with a ‘5’).
2. Sign the address with your Ethereum wallet using Etherscan
Visit Etherscan’s handy verified signatures page.
Click Sign Message.
Connect using the same Ethereum account that you originally staked with.
Paste the address of your new AvN account as the Message To Sign.
Click Sign Message and then click Sign in the Metamask pop-up.
A Publish Signed Message box will appear, leave this open to complete the next step.
3. Email Aventus
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the data shown in Publish Signed Message:
- Address (ie: your original Ethereum staking address that you just signed with)
- Signed Message (ie: your new AvN address)
- Signature Hash (ie: the proof your addresses are now linked)
You can now click Close on the Etherscan tool, there’s no need to Publish.
4. Viewing your balance on the AvN
Once verified, Aventus will email to confirm your stake and rewards have been transferred.
Then visit the Aventus Block Explorer and search your AvN address to view your balance.
- The AvN is based on Substrate, the same underlying technology used by Polkadot, which is why AvN and Polkadot accounts are compatible.
- Using Etherscan’s verifiedSignatures tool is free and won’t cost you any ETH.
- If you can’t sign your new address using the Ethereum account you originally staked with then please contact us.
- The Polkadot extension is safe and equivalent to Metamask for the Polkadot ecosystem. However, if you would prefer to generate your account entirely offline (and are familiar with NodeJS) then you could install the avn-api and run its utils.generateNewAccount() method in offline-mode.
- You will soon be able to use your new account with the AvN wallet for staking, sending, spending, and lowering simply by entering your mnemonic seed, so please keep it safe.
IMPORTANT: Please keep your new account’s 12-word mnemonic seed private and secure at all times. Never share it with anyone (including Aventus), and ensure you have made a backup outside your computer. Without it you will not be able to access your AVT in the Aventus Wallet.
Below you’ll also find a short video to show you how to follow these instructions to create your AvN compatible account and receive your stake and rewards if needed.
If you have any issues with the account creation or withdrawal process please email email@example.com.
New Blogs: Gate.Io and Aventus Telegram AMA Transcripts
In case you missed it, we have shared a transcript to our blog of the recent AMA with Aventus CEO, Alan Vey, on gate.io’s Telegram channel. The Telegram AMA followed our recent listing on gate.io – you can read more about this over on our blog here.
During the Telegram AMA hosted by gate.io’s Tom Rodriguez, Alan answers a variety of questions including what problems Aventus is trying to solve, what differentiates us from other layer 2 solutions, what our 2022 goals are and more!
Read the transcript here.
In addition to the gate.io Telegram AMA transcript, we have also provided a transcript of our latest internal Telegram AMA with Aventus CEO, Alan Vey, that took place on Tuesday, May 3.
You can read this on our blog here.
Introducing Two New Aventus Hires
As Aventus continues on its growth trajectory, we have made two new hires across HR and Business Operations to further strengthen our team.
We are thrilled to welcome the following two people to the Aventus team:
- Avril-Leigh Shackleton – Commercial Operations Administrator
- Mike Gelder – Talent Acquisition Manager
Keep an eye out for Avril and Mike’s Meet The Team videos coming soon 👀
Join the Aventus Subreddit today!
Did you know we also have our own subreddit? Join us for weekly conversation topics around the world of blockchain and Aventus Network, memes and updates. You can even submit your own content where it’s voted upon by other Aventus community members.
Join us here: https://www.reddit.com/r/AventusOfficial/
Aventus Hiring News
We are still looking to fill the following roles within the company, across the tech and sales teams.
If you are interested in any of the roles, the requirements, and potential salaries, please click the job title of your preference above.
You can stay up to date with the latest Aventus news and the press by following us on our social channels.