Aventus Bi-Weekly Update: 24 August – 6 September
September 06, 2022
In this edition of the Aventus Bi-Weekly Update you’ll find exciting news about our Parachain slot, a Q&A with Bittrex Global and more.
You’ll also find:
- The results of our recent governance proposal
- Aventus’ partnership with Parity Technologies featured in the press
- Friends of Imperial Fireside Chat with Alan Vey
The main focus for the entire team at Aventus the last month has been getting ready for our Polkadot Parachain slot auction, and maximising our chances of winning.
We’re thrilled to announce that we have secured our Parachain slot for the next 96 weeks, which will allow us to benefit from the shared security, interoperability and scalability of the entire Parachain ecosystem.
Even more excitingly, we secured our hardcap of 200K DOT in a record 24 hours. We’d like to thank all those who joined us on our journey and staked their DOT in support of our Parachain slot. We couldn’t have done it without you.
You can find more information around what happens now we have our Parachain slot here.
Aventus Founder & CEO joined Bittrex Global for an AMA last week, where he discussed the idea and team behind Aventus, our Parachain bid and future plans.
If you missed it, you can find the transcript on our website.
We recently ran a governance proposal to allow members of the community to determine whether a change in the protocol of the Aventus Network should be enforced, allowing for the minting of additional AVT proportional in percentage to the amount of AVT earned by stakers after a staking period.
Voting closed on 25 August, with 87% of votes approving the proposal, meaning that the change in protocol to the Aventus Network will go ahead.
The first dilution mint based on the 6% earned staker fees of last year’s staking period will be minted manually, but going forward the protocol change will see this happen automatically on the Aventus Network.
This represents the next phase in the vision for the Aventus Network.
You can find more information here.
Last week, we announced the news that we’ll be partnering with Parity Technologies to bring blockchain to businesses, which was featured in Enterprise Times and EU Startups.
As an alumnus of Imperial College London, Aventus Founder & Chairman will be taking part in a fireside chat with Friends of Imperial entitled The Next Frontier of Blockchain.
Alan will discuss:
- The move from Web 2 to Web 3 – what this means for both individuals and businesses, and why it’s crucial that businesses make this transition to future-proof their operations and generate additional revenue.
- The differences between layer 1 blockchains vs layer 2s – the benefits of each, and where the future lies.
- The barriers to access – including interoperability, and how to solve these issues, including Polkadot’s parachain ecosystem and via Aventus’ Gateway API.
The event will take place online on 16 September at 4pm BST.
You can reserve your free ticket here.